Friday, January 14, 2005

winter thought

Today is freezing...
Only 12 degree. I know...in Europe, it's nothing. But in a country which is designed to chill people out, it could be a very serious problem. And there is hardly a heater or oven around you.

The wet cold weather is definitely more uncomfortable than the dry cold one.

I loved the weather in Holland, especially in winter. It was very dry cold, hardly rain, but snow. First of all, this kind of weather doesn't make my skin allergic. Taiwan's damp, warm, and humid climate has been annoying me for 24 years. My skin becomes red, oily and sometimes painful under the sun. In Holland, all I need to do is put some oilier cream on my face; it will be fine for the all day. Even I would put some makeup; nothing would happen after a long day travel.

Besides my skin, I really like the view of winter. Some people said they don't like winter view because it indicates dead, gloomy, quite and boring. I don't agree with it. I think winter is as alive as other three seasons. I feel nature is taking a rest. It breaths and grows underlying. It is the end and a beginning. It should be a most transforming part in a year. For human, because of the weather, people get together closer to keep warm. I always dream a image that everyone sat down on a cozy sofa while reading books or watching TV near a fireplace in a very warm house. Some hot chocolate drink put on the side and a cat lazily lay under a christmas tree. It would be more perfect if it was snowing outside the window. Every time this perfect image comes up when I think about winter.

I know my little heater has done its good job, but I still feel frozen in the house. I only can pray the weather could be better tomorrow. I start missing the sun here.

Categories: Refections


back to English main page

No comments: