Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Octopus Arms

I like reading Cosmopolitan at night. Sometimes I think this megazine is too bias, always assume men as a certain stereotype. But it does have some contributed advice for women. Last night I was reading the latest released one, one article really got my attention.

chech out the four ways that women often come off as too dependent:
1.Seeking his approval
2.Relying on him for fun
3.Reading into his actions
4.Gluing yourself to him

I have to say some women do these four ways very often, including me. I am afraid I've never avoided them completely. What drew my attention is the first one "seeking his approval". I was wondering, what kind of girls acting like "the human version of Velcro"?hm...psychologically speaking, I would think those girls may grow up from commanding parents, mostly influenced by their fathers. Their parents made decisions for them in the childhood. They are accustomed that decision making is belonged to authority or powerful people,like parents,in Chinese world, the fathers. When projecting to their boyfriends, they think it must be something wrong when they make decisions alone without hearing their guys' approval. Astrologically speaking, Moon or Venus in water elements always do the tricks, especially those become conflict aspects with other planets, more especially they are in 2,5,8,11 house. Water-oriented girls have less making-decision ability. Because droven by emotion, they hesitate to determine something. They are afraid to hurt other objects' feeling. Even they made one, they would question it afterwards. For example, when choosing a pair of earings, they finally pick ones, but feel sorry for not picking other ones.

Another characteristic is those watery girls are often afraid of powerful people, like men. They are good at acting like softie cats and always want more powerful people to rescure them. Actually seeking their approval is like need to be rescured.When getting some approval, they can reasure they don't do things wrong or unpleasant for men. Maybe just like me, I read this to find out what the hell are men thinking.

Categories: Refections

back to English main page

No comments: