Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Delft






This is Delft in Holland. I went there twice, both in winter. Each time the place gave me different sights and impressions. The first time I didn't see much before I left. All I could remember is a hugh church, a big square, several souvenir shops and cosy dormitories. This time I saw a lot of hareware preparing for the holiday market on the square and a sloping tower. For experiencing Delft students life, I sneaked inside the student union building to use the bathroom.

The building was quite choastic and dirty. Mariah Carey's music surrounded all the building. The atmosphere was typically for students. However, their students' entertaining facility seemed more organzied and colorful than Taiwan's. There were party room, social lounge and bar. From the "wreck", you can see how often the students hold parties here. In Taiwan, you rarely have chances to have a real party at school. Only are excesicing square, club meeting rooms and theatres in Taiwan's students' union.

In the photos, I was standing out of the building. Car parked orderly along the river. The lights decorated all the dark sky and reflected to the river. Bricks covers all the roads in front of several cosy student dorms.Casually some bikes rode on the street. Students talking, church bell ringing, car squashed the brick road and wind blowing, all those sounds praised how beautiful the city was. Yes, it's very beautiful city, but not too fanciful one.

Why do I say it's not too fanciful? because it's also a convenient city, very practical. All the shops surround the city intensely. There is an university, transportating stations, night geocery shops, restaurants,etc. Because of tourists, I believe there are many hotels as well. What a wonderful city! I looked inside the student dorm, very expensive one, I was thinking, if i could live here, how good it would be.

A old lady kindly guided us to find a sweet shop, though I don't eat sweet things, I still felt warm in such a freezing day.

Categories: Photo talks
Categories: Travel



back to English main page

No comments: