Monday, January 24, 2005

A long talk with Georgia

Saturday night I had a long talk with Georgia on the phone, which is my best friend in college. We still contact with each other like we did at school. But she lives far away from me now. We talk once two weeks or three weeks. In the beginning of talking, we updated some daily information to each other.
She talked about how suffering her boyfriend served in the army. I talked about my parents' stubborn attitude of life and how they restricted me for searching my husband. Then we discussed her postgraduate exam and trip after it. We both agreed Canada is a beautiful place to visit, thought she has been there for two months, still think it was definitely worth a second visit. I felt more excited for haven't been there before. The longest subject we were discussing about is relationship point of view between us. One of the most interesting part is she said I changed my perspectives a lot compared with those at school. I said anyone who has been gone through those events would change a lot like me. That's unavoidable. Everyone changes, but some people always change more rapidly. Well, I can't descript those events are disasters. There are far more unfortunate events on earth happened everyday. Compared with those, mine are unnoticeable. I have been cheated (or cheating??)every relationship I have been through with guys. None of them were honest to me. And it always ended up excruciating. Well, I was excruciated, I don't know if they were. Georgia thinks it's because I couldn't tell who is good guy, who is bad. I really can't deny it. Naturally I seem to attach bad guys. I like guys full of confident, fun and humorous. And mostly this kind of people are not loyal. I was attracted by those people and tried to find some honest from them. This experiment was totally failed after 24 years' proving. As a result, my perspectives of love keeps changing after each failure. From the most innocent it-means-something commitment to "50 signs that he may cheat" to "I'm the most beautiful girl on earth" conciliation. I have been burnt many times. And I am not sure it's a good progression through these changings. Well, at least, I become more independent, more selfish and more sophisticted. Georgia said I well took care of myself nowsadays. I think things more diverse and bright. Anyway, Georgia said I've been kind of away my mom's shawdow. I asked her, does it mean I can get a better man? She didn't say anything but was smiling.

"Fate strives to teach by placing obstacles in the pathway of life. We can make a choice:we can choose to learn quickly and accurately within the parameters of the lessons or we can continually fail. "-Bernadette Brady

Categories: Refections

back to English main page

No comments: