Wednesday, January 12, 2005

I still remember her smile

I still remember her smile. I need to write the story down before I forget it.

She was very friendly. I assume that's typical characteristic of Glasgow people.

I met a lady, which has a sunny smile with beautiful white teeth, in Glasgow when I was waiting for bus to Glasgow airport.

She said"Hi,"
I said "Hi".
"Going to airport?"
"Yeah~is this the bus stop to the airport?"
"Yes, where're you from?"
"Uh, I travel from UK.""Going back to Bristol again."
"You are? Me too. I'm going to meet my friends. They have a wedding party."
.
.
.

She lives alone. She just bought a house near the city. After breaking up with her boyfriend, she was so independent and tried to organize everything. She was really a role model of me. If all my dream came true, I would definitely be a woman like her. Well, my dream was not included the breakup part.I admired her how she recovered from the breakup and then quickly adjust herself at work. That's I really need to learn. More impressive me is she bought a house. She refurbished every single part of her new house. Reducing the expense of makeup and clothes, she paid the debt stably. When talking about her plan of future, she had such glorious eyes that i've never seen before.

We talked a lot. Although I hadn't adopted her scottish accent, chatting with her was such a pleasure. I even forgot I was talking in English. She was not as polite as an English, nor as blunt as an American either. Maybe that was scottish. At some moment in life, you know you like the person you are talking to, and you know the person likes you as well. Me and her were just like that. Occultly speaking, I would say it's Karma. We seemed to know each other for a long time. We talked, talked and talked on the airplane. We wouldn't stop talking until the airplane had landed. We got contact. There was a piece of paper with an email address on it. I gave her mine as well. Then we believed we would talk again. We believed this tiny little string would connect two of us no matter where we were.

She was the first one that I contact with after coming back to Taiwan. The thing is, she seemed to give me an error spelling address. Maybe she didn't know she wrote it wrong. I wrote a very long letter and couldn't send out. She didn't email me as well. So...this string is broken. We can't contact with each other. And I don't know if I could see her again in my rest of life. The only one string is broken. So, I would never know where the kite is going to. If I knew I would not see her again, I would check the email address twice. But well, if I knew, this article wouldn't exist.

Please, if anyone knows her, inform me. She is very easy to be recognized.
Categories: Travel


back to English main page

No comments: