Thursday, April 14, 2005

farewell lunch

Today was the farewell party. Actually it was just a lunch. Still very grateful that my old colleagues wanted to give me this. I appreciate it. Nancy went too. She is my new colleague but very nice person. She wanted to say goodbye to me properly. We ordered some dumplings, noodles, small dishes of snacks.
I didn't know how to order because it was the first time I went there. I ordered "red sauce noodles". And it turned out I got a very spicy bow of noodles. After few bites, I gave some to my colleagues who could endure spice. I was very embarrassed that my camera was out of battery. I forgot to charge it the day before. It ended up that we only took one precise photo. Well, at least, it will remind me those guys when I see the photo. (yes, and remember to charge battery)

After the lunch, I really wanted to eat some ice cream because it was too warm outside. So we decided to buy some in the way back to company. We pulled the car nearby and Joyce went to buy some for us. But at the moment, a police went closer. We all knew we might pull the car improperly. So we had to move the car despite that Joyce was still out. After that, we drove a big circle and back to the ice cream shop. Then we finally picked her up. We all think it was quite funny because before the police came to guide us, we drove away. Maybe he didn't intend to guide us, just happened to walk by or something.

It was a memorable party and I would remember them for my rest of life. Thank them to give me guideness when I just went into the society and started my career life. Especially Joyce, she really helped me a lot when I just stepped into the company. She taught me how to do paperwork. Even she gave me some advice about life, about how to communicate with people. She is nice, but not too nice. She corrects your mistake directly but less aggressive.She is humble, but confident. When her son was having an accident. She was like every mother to be very anxious, but dealing with things very well, especially when her husband was out to China. Once, she asked me why accidents always happen to people, why a normal person could drive like this crazily. Actually I don't know. I may be the last one person she should ask. but she showed me her weakness. She didn't pretend to be strong, and it made people realize that she was strong enough.

Thank you all,
a milestone has carved in my heart.

Categories: Refections


back to English main page

No comments: